If you have had a chance to read some of our previous posts you may have learned a little more on all that Wisconsin has to offer visitors, travelers passing through, and even locals throughout the surrounding cities. We thought with this post we would take things a bit outside of the box and showcase some of the other events that take place in our great state. From cheese, to football, historic sites etc. Wisconsin is a state that offers a variety of activities and things to do for all types of people and their different interests. Even the avid car lover! Whether you love older classic cars, muscle cars, souped up cars, there is pretty much a great car show for all types of vehicle lover! James, a Wisconsin native, who moved to the warm deserts of Phoenix, Arizona and owns his own automotive repair shop, regularly visits his home state every summer to attend these incredible car shows and enjoy a little bit of Wisconsin while he’s at it. He gave us the top 5 car shows to attend that take place all throughout the summer months so that there is at least one, summer visitors should be able to attend. Check out our list and if you are planning a summer trip to our beautiful state you may just be able to incorporate one of these car lover events!
Top 5 car Shows In Wisconsin
- Annual Pontiac & GMC Car Show- this event takes place relatively in the beginning of June, this year it fell on June 2nd. Hosted by the POCI or Pontiac-Oakland Club International ll benefits from this car show will go to the Make A Wish Foundation. With free admission for all and a variety of food, beverages and music to enjoy you will walk among the Pontiac classics of the 60’s. Think muscle cars such as the Grand Prix, Lemans & Firebirds. Each year there are different cars to see but one thing remains the same it’s a great show worth checking out and with the proceeds going to such a great foundation it leaves event goers contributing to the greater good as well!
- Annual Winneconne Road Runners Car Show- held on a Saturday in the beginning of July at Marble Park this is a great event for the whole family. With games for the kids, food, beverages & live music there is plenty of fun to be hand. The first 150 registrants of the show will receive a dash plaque and special event crafted trophies will be given out the winning entrants later that afternoon. With an historical museum on sight, ice cream and pie samples this annual car show just gets better and better!
- Ridin Durty X car Show- Rated one of the best if not the TOP car show to attend in Wisconsin and a favorite of James as well, this great show is held in mid July. The first 25 entrants receive a t-shirt and the first 50 receive a dash plaque. With categories from classics, to hot rods, muscle cars, exotic cars, trucks, SUV’s and even lowriders and motorcycles this is a car event for ALL. Trophies are handed out for all categories wih giant trophies being given to Judges choice and Best In Show. Held at The Ravine this is definitely one car show worth visiting on your next trip to Wisconsin.
- 9 WVBO Classic Car Show & Cruise- this car show and cruise is held at Fox Valley Technical College with a cruise down College Avenue to follow. For those that would like to attend a show later in the afternoon this event is held from 3-6pm. Trophies are awarded to the winners of Best In Show Classic, Paint 7 Contemporary. Entrants also have a shot at being one of 3 winners that will be featured in the 103.9 WVBO calendar. Food & entertainment compliment this early evening car show.
- Shriners Car Show- you will find this event in De Pere, Wisconsin at the end of August at the Brown County fairgrounds. The event goes from 11am-3:30pm and has an array of vendors, swap meet & music. There are 24 classes of cars with trophies for all winners. This charitable event donates all proceeds to Shriners Hospitals that help children with life changing illnesses. Another great event for the whole family.
With so many great car shows to choose from that offer food, fun and entertainment for the whole family you can’t go wrong. Couple it with Wisconsin’s summer weather it is great outdoor fun to be had. Next time you visit Wisconsin are passing through or are a native looking for something nw to do we suggest stopping by one f these car shows. Most were established to help charitable causes so you feel good attending as well and are doing your part to help those in need!